Special Session on Nature-Inspired Algorithms and Machine Learning
Nature-inspired computation and its optimization algorithms such as particle swarm optimization and firefly algorithm have become effective and popular in recent years, and they have been applied to optimize design parameters in many nonlinear problems in engineering and industries. These algorithms have also been used to tune and optimize hyperparameters related to applications in deep learning and data mining. This symposium intends to provide a timely platform for researchers to exchange ideas and discuss the recent developments in both areas of nature-inspired computation and engineering applications so as to enable further developments.
This symposium welcomes original, unpublished contributions from authors.
Topics include (but not limited):
- Nature-inspired optimization algorithms
- Swarm intelligence, evolutionary computation and nature-inspired computation
- Parameter tuning and sensitivity analysis
- Hyperparameter optimization
- Engineering design and optimization
- Theoretical analysis, stability and convergence of algorithms
- Applications such as networks optimization, combinatorial optimization, engineering designs, image processing and data mining
- Industrial applications and case studies
Please follow the submission guideline from the IEEE SSCI 2021 Submission Website. Special session papers are treated the same as regular conference papers. Please specify that your paper is for the IEEE Symposium on Nature-Inspired Computation in Engineering (NICE). All papers accepted and presented at SSCI 2021 will be included in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Explore, which are typically indexed by EI.
- August 6th, 2021: Paper Submission Deadline
- September 17th, 2021: Paper Acceptance Notification
- October 15th, 2021: Final Paper Submission & Early Registration Deadline
- December 4th to 7th, 2021: Conference Dates
Javier Lorente, Tecnalia, Spain
Eneko Osaba, Tecnalia, Spain
Leandro Passos, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil
Mohammed Al-Betar, Ajman University, United Arab Emirates
Mustafa Ayvaz, Pamukkale Universitesi, Turkey
Gebrail Bekdas, Istanbul Universitesi-Cerrahpasa, Turkey
Zong Woo, Geem Gachon University, South Korea
Chien Su, Fong Multimedia University Malaysia, Malaysia
Danilo Sipoli Sanches, Federal University of Technology, Parana Brazil
Douglas Rodrigues, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil
Leandro Rodrigues, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana and Federal, University of Parana Brazil
Momin Jamil Harman, Becker Automotive Systems GmbH, Germany
Andre Carvalho, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Gisele Pappa, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Milan Tuba, Singidunum University, Serbia
Andres Iglesia, University of Cantabria, Spain
- João Paulo Papa
- School of Sciences, São Paulo State University, Bauru, Brazil.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xin-She Yang
- School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University, London, UK.
- E-mail: email@example.com